Position Title: Adult Programs and Volunteer Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Do you want to be in charge of putting bikes into the hands of people that need them, along with the skills and confidence to keep those bikes rolling?
Will you help Bikes Together recruit, train, and lead the best volunteers in Denver?
Can you operate and maintain Bikes Together’s systems for enrolling and graduating program participants?
Bikes Together is hiring a new Adult Programs and Volunteer Manager to work alongside our awesome team of bike-mindeded people.
Compensation ranges from $14-$16/hour depending on experience. Includes PTO and medical stipend.
Bikes Together is committed to recruiting and supporting diverse perspectives. We promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. People of color, women, low-income, LGBTQ strongly encourage to apply. Bilingual (Spanish) speaking encouraged to apply
Bikes Together is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter as one PDF document to email@example.com. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line. One applicant may be considered for many positions. Applicants are considered upon receipt of application, so don’t delay!
· Volunteer Recruitment
· Ensure availability of volunteer enrichment opportunities
· Provide volunteers with ongoing training in program process and procedure
· Provide supervision, problem solving and support through regular open shop attendance and participation
· Foster an atmosphere of fun and learning among all staff, volunteers, and program participants
· Oversight and delivery of current and developing BT Adult on-site and off-site programming (EAB, FYB, classes)
· Ensures completion of all program paperwork and data entry
· Report metrics
· Develop and maintain Adult Programs budget
· Manage programs inventory
· Support youth programs as needed
· Responsible for creation of necessary new program procedure and documentation
· Responsible for creating necessary paperwork for programs improvements and maintaining existing program registration and delivery systems.
Outreach and Events
· Develop and Manage Training opportunities for Staff and Volunteers
· Provide On-site Volunteer management for direct programming and bike processing
· Experience with volunteer management
· Program Management/Project Management experience
· Current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, accessories, tools, etc. is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Basic understanding of working with volunteers
· Demonstrated advanced organizational skills
· Solid knowledge of windows based computer software programs
· Ability to learn new computer programs
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated accounting/inventory control experience helpful
· Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement workshops and trainings
Physical Effort Required
· Moderate physical effort required by handling objects up to 50 pounds frequently