The Bike Wrangler works with our team of staff and volunteers to make sure bikes keep flowing in and out of the Bikes Together Commissary. Ability to work with volunteers, love of bikes, and good humor are must-have traits.
This is a part-time, permanent entry-level position, compensation ranges from $9.00 to $12.00/hr depending on qualifications. Benefits include paid time off, discounts, and credit for free used parts.
|Position Title: Bike Wrangler
Reports To: Commissary Manager
- Along with other staff, ensure the shop is maintained in a clean and safe manner at all times
- Explain concepts related bike repair and bike maintenance to volunteers
- Support bike transport and processing from point of donation through delivery to programs and retail locations
Bike flow process development & implementation
- Assist in development of a regular consistent bike/materials transport schedule between Commissary and retail locations
- Assist in development and execution of Commissary bike storage plan
- Assist in development and execution of process to allocate donated bikes to Retail Prep, Program Prep, Break Down, and Scrap as appropriate
- Assist in development and execution of system to maximize scrap metal value
Bike Flow and Material Transport
- Transport of Completed Retail Bikes
- Arrange Pickups and delivery with retail Location Staff
- Assure proper storage of bikes at Commissary
- Transport of Program Bikes
- Assure PH and MP has sufficient raw bike #’s to continue production
- Pull and stage bikes for programs as requested by program staff
Donation pick up and allocation
- Work with Com Manager to pick up bikes from RTD and other bulk donation entities in a timely manner
- Work with Com Manager and Retail Prep Staff to allocate all high quality/good condition bikes to Retail Prep Staff
- Work with Com Manager and Volunteers to identify bikes for program prep
- Work with Com Manager to identify bikes for breakdown to component parts, and bikes appropriate to divert straight to scrap
- Regular Maintenance of internal bike storage system
- As needed, perform system audits to re-allocate low quality & poor condition bikes to Break Down and Scrap systems
- Work with Retail Prep team to process “retail reject bikes” for allocation to Programs, Break Down and Scrap
- Other special projects as needed.
- Working knowledge of non-profits.
- Experience working as or with volunteers.
- Experience with employee and/or team management.
|Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Clean driving record required, experience driving large vehicles a plus.
- Basic knowledge of bicycles and bicycle products.
- Passion for bicycles and bicycling communities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of basic office operating systems, and ability to learn new systems.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated accounting/inventory control experience helpful.
Physical Effort Required
- Regular lifting of 50+ pounds
Bikes Together is committed to recruiting and supporting diverse perspectives. We promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. People of color, women, low-income, LGBTQ strongly encourage to apply. Bilingual (Spanish) speaking encouraged to apply
Bikes Together is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line. One applicant may be considered for many positions. Applicants are considered upon receipt of application, so don’t delay!