General Manager Job Post:
Work for a nonprofit community bike shop that puts people on bikes and gives them the skills to keep them rolling!
Bikes Together is seeking a full-time General Manager at our Park Hill location. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Park Hill shop, contributing to creation of goals, and providing guidance & support to the Service, Retail, and Programs Departments.
We are a Denver-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit community bike space that offers a range of bicycling programs, services and products. We have a full-service retail bike shop that sells used bikes, parts, accessories and affordable repair service. In addition, we provide community programs such as bicycle recycling, Fix-Your-Bike hours open to the general public, free & low-cost bikes for adults and children, volunteer and community service opportunities, and mechanics classes.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure the Park Hill shop is running smoothly and on track with budget and organizational goals
- Oversee all aspects of the Service Department, including working with and supporting Service Lead to ensure department runs smoothly
- Oversee all aspects of the Retail Department, including working with and supporting the Retail Lead to ensure the department runs smoothly
- Support Programs
Director and Programs Department
- Listen to the various needs of stakeholders, volunteers, neighbors and customers
- Apply advanced communication and conflict resolution/mediation skills to support staff and work with stakeholders inside and out of the organization, including people from diverse socio-economic class backgrounds and diverse race & gender identities
- Attend various meetings to report progress to Board of Directors and staff, and continually increase our community presence
- Negotiate operational contracts as necessary
- Evaluate and help develop staff and volunteers
- Assist in developing organization-wide annual budget
- Assist with fundraising efforts
- Have fun!
- Bicycle sales or service experience preferred
- Management experience
- Experience working with or as a volunteer(s), preferably in a non-profit setting
- Experience with Lightspeed OS or similar software preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort welcoming and including people historically marginalized by bike culture
- Ability to explain technical aspects of the bicycle shop & organization to customers and volunteers in an accessible way
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accounting/inventory control experience helpful
- Ability to work professionally as a member of a team with people from diverse backgrounds, lead staff meetings and check-ins, and give & receive feedback
Physical Effort Required
- Regular lifting of 50+ pounds
- Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours per day
Benefits Include: Paid sick and vacation time, a monthly healthcare stipend, in-house employee discounts, access to bike industry purchasing, and accrued used parts/accessories credit. Position is full-time, year-round. Competitive pay based on experience, $18 – $20 per hour.
Bikes Together is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ folks encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send your resume, two references, and a brief letter explaining why you’re a good fit to email@example.com, or drop off your application at our Park Hill or Mariposa shop locations. Questions are welcome. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants may be contacted before the deadline, so don’t delay. Apply today!
Job posting closes Feb 11, 2019.