|Position Title: Shop Facilitator – Mariposa
|Hours: 25 hrs/week
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday (some flexibility)
Dates: June 12th through September 29th
Positions Purpose: Create an accessible bike shop for all while helping customers and participants navigate day-to-day operations
|Want to get people riding bikes? Do you believe in the power of riding bicycles to promote personal wellness, improve environmental quality, support access to opportunity, and facilitate a stronger connection within communities? Are you driven to make bicycle transportation, recreation and mechanics accessible to people who are usually excluded because of race and/or gender? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you belong at Bikes Together. Bikes Together strives to create a culture of respect, communication and understanding. People of color, women, poor & working-class people, multilingual people (any language), and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. Bikes Together is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
|Shop Facilitator Required Duties
- Greet customers, volunteers, and program participants who call or come in
- Answer general questions and direct people to appropriate staff or volunteers
- Help volunteers and program participants conform to shop cultural norms (feminist, anti-racist, cross-class, and learning-focused) and navigate potential conflict
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Manage flow of people in the shop. Check program participants in and out of programs and/or facilitate volunteers to do so
- Ensure that all participants complete all paperwork and requirements of various programs
- Provide excellent customer service, help with register transactions, and make minor sales
- Encourage visitors to collaborate and donate
- Help count, complete, and report daily sales receipts
- Attend occasional off-site programs such as block parties, school events, workshops, Earn-A-Bike giveaways, etc.
- Maintain clean & organized workspace, storage areas, and bathrooms
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly Staff Check-In meetings and monthly All-Staff Meetings
|Shop Facilitator Preferred Duties (if time allows)
- Teach classes & workshops
- Recruit & train volunteers
- Promote and outreach for programs, especially in Denver central and westside neighborhoods in collaboration with Programs Lead and General Manager
- Identify and build community partnerships, especially in Denver central and westside neighborhoods in collaboration with Programs Lead and General Manager
- Help identify issues in current on-site program processes and propose changes
- Develop and support programs for youth
- Occasionally drive bikes and parts between Mariposa & Park Hill location using company truck
|Basic Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- General Sales & Customer Service Skills
- Experience working with a wide range of program participants (diverse in race, age, class, gender, sexual orientation, and ability) and desire to give and receive instruction and feedback
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Some knowledge of Google, LightSpeed, and Better Impact and/or ability to learn new computer systems
- Awareness of and connection to local community programs (public, private, and/or nonprofit) with aligned or adjacent values
- Ability to regularly lift 50+ pounds
- Familiarity with and support for Gender Equality Mechanics (GEM) or similar programs
- Current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, accessories, tools, etc. (helpful but not required)
- Working knowledge of nonprofits and one year experience working as or with volunteers
- Demonstrated bike shop experience (helpful but not required)
- Teaching experience (any topic), or desire to learn
- Valid Driver License & comfortable driving a small truck in Denver
|To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions: Please email email@example.com.
Deadline for applying is Tuesday, June 5th, by 5pm.
Please note: Exact hours and job responsibilities and focus are flexible for the right candidate. If you do have questions we encourage you to ask and still apply!