|Position Title: Programs Manager
|Reports To: Co-Executive Directors
The Programs Manager is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers, managing program bike production, developing new programs, and overseeing the delivery of classes. The Programs Manager also assists customers, staff, volunteers and program participants in the shop.
This is a full time, 40 hour/week, non-exempt position. The wage range for this position is $14 – $16 per hour, plus a healthcare stipend of $200 per month.
|Essential Functions Volunteers
- Recruit and on-board new volunteers; ensure that volunteers receive ongoing training
- Take time to get to know volunteers; facilitate their growth within the organization
- Manage and coordinate program bicycle refurbishment to ensure adequate supply for classes, and manage distribution of accessories and components associated with programs
- Provide staff/volunteer mediation and conflict resolution process and support
Earn A Bike and Bike Rodeo
- Oversight of current and developing bike giveaways (Earn A Bike, Bike Rodeos, special events)
- Ensure completion of all program paperwork and data entry
- Develop and maintain Programs budget
- Oversight of current and developing Bikes Together classes
- Ensure appropriate class scheduling, listings and marketing
- Facilitate appropriate training of staff and volunteers in delivery of educational programming
- Ensure availability of all necessary educational materials
General Shop Support
- Running the register and the sales floor when retail staff need coverage
- Supporting staff, volunteers and participants during open shop (Fix Your Bike) hours
- Helping, and recruiting volunteers to help, with fundraisers and special events
The Programs Manager works with program participants, partner agencies, staff mechanics, volunteers, and the Board of Directors. The Programs Manager must be willing and able to work effectively with this diverse group of stakeholders and to share decision making power with lead volunteers.
Bikes Together is a small non-profit that is constantly evolving in order to improve its programming and to keep its doors open. All staff need to be comfortable with change and excited about taking a role in designing the future of Bikes Together. Staff also need to be flexible and willing to help out where needed.
- Experience with non-profits; experience working with underserved populations
- Program Management/Project Management experience
- Experience working with volunteers; volunteer management experience preferred
- Current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, accessories, tools, etc. is preferred – willingness to learn more required!
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of Windows and/or Mac based computer software programs and Google Drive
- Ability to learn new computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical Effort Required
- Moderate physical effort required by handling objects up to 40 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 19.