Howdy! Bikes Together is looking for some summer Bike Camp Instructors for our 2016 Bike Camp season. If you like bikes and leading kids on city adventures, consider applying for this awesome summer experience!
Position: Bike Camp Instructor
This is a seasonal full-time position. The dates for this position are May 31 – August 12, Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. Applicants must be able to commit to the entirety of the position.
Job Description: The Bike Camp Instructor will help in the organization and implementation of Bikes Together’s Bike Camp. The BC Instructor will teach Bike Campers bike safety and maintenance as well as lead group rides and activities.
- Ensure the safety and health of Bike Campers (ages 7-14)
- Teach Bicycle Safety and Maintenance (training and curriculum provided)
- Organize group activities and team-building exercises
- Planning safe-routes for bike rides
- Provide detailed weekly reports of Camp Activities
- Complete evaluation for each session
- Experience working with youth
- Strong understanding of safe-biking practices
- A moderate-level of bicycle maintenance knowledge
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be CPR certified or attend CPR training prior to start of Camp
- Must be able to complete bike rides upwards of 20-30 miles (slow pace)
- B.A. or B.S. in related field preferred, or working towards a B.A. or B.S.
- High school Diploma or GED recommended
- Full Time (40 hours): May 31 – August 12 2016, Monday-Friday
- Pay commensurate with experience but starts at $10/hr
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Bike Camp Instructor in the subject line. Deadline is May 16th.