Bikes Together Seeks Programs Manager for Temporary Position
Do you want to be in charge of giving away our Rodeo and Earn-A-Bike bikes?
Will you help Bikes Together recruit, train, and lead the best volunteers in Denver?
Can you operate and maintain Bikes Together’s systems for enrolling and graduating program participants?
Bikes Together is hiring a new Programs Manager to work alongside our awesome team of bike-mindeded people through November of 2016. This position is listed as temporary because Bikes Together is growing fast and we plan to restructure the staffing of Programs at the end of 2016. We’ve added two new facilities in 2016 and are getting ready to deliver our programs anywhere we are needed through mobile operations. Our hope is that the chosen candidate continues on with Bikes Together after restructuring.
The position is full time, ranging from 32 to 40 hours a week. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The hiring process will be open until the position is filled and qualified applicants will be reviewed and contacted within days of submitting their resume.
Additional job information is below. Bikes Together is an equal opportunity employer.
· Volunteer Recruitment
· Ensure availability of volunteer enrichment opportunities
· Provide volunteers with ongoing training in program process and procedure
· Provide supervision, problem solving and support through regular open shop attendance and participation
· Foster an atmosphere of fun and learning amongst all staff, volunteers, and program participants
· Oversight of current and developing BT on-site programming (EAB, FYB, Bike Rodeos)
· Ensures completion of all program paperwork and data entry
· Report metrics for BT programming
· Develop and maintain Programs budget
· Responsible for creation of necessary new program procedure and documentation
· Responsible for creating necessary paperwork for programs improvements and maintaining existing program registration and delivery systems.
· Develop and Manage Training opportunities for Staff and Volunteers
· Provide On-site Volunteer management for direct programming and bike processing
· Experience with volunteer management
· Minimum 1 year office management experience
· Program Management/Project Management experience
· Current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, accessories, tools, etc. is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Basic understanding of working with volunteers
· Demonstrated advanced organizational skills
· Solid knowledge of windows based computer software programs
· Ability to learn new computer programs
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated accounting/inventory control experience helpful
· Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement workshops and trainings
Physical Effort Required
· Moderate physical effort required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently