Position Title: Shop Coordinator—Park Hill
Hours: 35-40 hrs/week
Days: Tuesday through Saturday
Dates: Year Round
Pay: $15.50/hr + some benefits (see below)
Position’s Purpose: Create an accessible bike shop for all while helping customers and participants navigate day-to-day operations
Want to get people riding bikes? Do you believe in the power of riding bicycles to improve environmental quality, support access to opportunity, and facilitate a stronger connection within communities? Are you driven to make bicycle transportation, recreation and mechanics accessible to people who are usually excluded because of race and/or gender? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you belong at Bikes Together.
Bikes Together strives to create a culture of respect, communication and understanding. People of color, women, poor & working-class people, multilingual people (any language), and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bikes Together is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
Shop Coordinator Required Duties:
General Shop Responsibilities
- Help volunteers and program participants conform to shop cultural norms (strive to be feminist, anti-racist, cross-class, and learning-focused) and navigate potential conflict
- First point of contact for people coming into the shop. Greet customers, volunteers, and program participants who call or come in.
- Answer general questions and direct people to appropriate staff or volunteers
- Help manage flow of people in the shop.
- Ensure that all participants complete all paperwork and program requirements
- Encourage visitors to collaborate and donate
- Work with others to manage donation intake and organization
- Maintain clean & organized workspace, storage areas, and bathrooms
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly Staff Check-In meetings and monthly All-Staff Meetings
- Supervise volunteers in coordination with other staff
- Open and close the shop including opening and closing the register
- Oversee the retail space
- Place and check in purchase orders weekly or bi-weekly
- Research and order new inventory, evaluate what is and isn’t selling
- Help in pricing and selling all used retail bikes and used parts and accessories
- Maintain backstock, resupply retail space as needed
- Count, complete, and report daily sales receipts
- Support annual inventory of all products and adjust and monitor inventory for accuracy throughout the year
Basic Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- General Sales & Customer Service Skills
- Experience working with a wide range of program participants (diverse in race, age, class, gender, sexual orientation, and ability)
- Desire to give and receive instruction and feedback
- Demonstrated organizational skills & attention to detail
- Comfort using computers
- Awareness of local community programs (public, private, and/or nonprofit) with aligned or adjacent values
- Ability to regularly lift 50+ pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Familiarity with and support for Gender Equality Mechanics (GEM) or similar programs
- Current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, accessories, tools, etc.
- Working knowledge of nonprofits and experience working as or with volunteers
- Knowledge of Google Drive, LightSpeed, and Better Impact and/or ability to learn new computer systems
- Demonstrated accounting/inventory control experience helpful
- Demonstrated bike shop experience
- Teaching experience (any topic), or desire to learn
- Employee discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick and vacation time off after 3 months
- Monthly healthcare stipend after 3 months
How to Apply:Send your resume, two references, and a brief letter explaining why you’re a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your application at our Park Hill shop by 5pm on February 10th. Apply today! Bikes Together will be hiring additional positions in the coming weeks! Keep an eye out!